Dienstag, 12. September 2017

Chile and a heartbraking separation

Hello my friends, hola amigos,
After Patagonia I visited Tim in Chile to check out the BYB spin-off in Santiago and to give a tag-team presentation at la Universidad de Americas. After preparing Brunhilde for a long ride we took off in direction North. It started pretty relaxing spending days crossing the Atacama desert where the BYB equipment served as great entertainment for the hitchhikers on the road.

Después de Patagonia visité a Tim en Chile para conocer la filial de BYB en Santiago y para dar una presentación como tag team en la Universidad de Americas. Preparé ´Brunhilde´ para un viaje largo con dirección: Norte. Empezó bien tranqui paseando por días en el desierto Atacama dónde el equipo sirvó cómo entretenemiento en la ruta.






Things started getting problematic when I arrived at the Peruvian border. I got the bad news that my vehicle wasn’t registered while leaving the country in 2013. After several days at customer services at different borders I was told that the police is allowed to take away 'Brunhilde' when entering Peru. Consequently I had either to leave behind my beloved Kombi or to turn around to the South. Having already planned my visits in Lima and Chiclayo, I decided to park my car in the Peruvian jungle and to return to the backpacker life.

Los problemas empezaron en la frontera con Perú. Las malas noticias que el veículo no fue registrado en 2013 saliendo el país. Aunque he pasado varias dias en aduanas de fronteras diferentes no pude conseguir todos los papeles necesarios para andar en calles peruanas. Hay un pendiente al veículo y la policía podría quitarmela. Así tenía que decidir entre despedirme de mi esposa ´Brunhilde´ o volver al Sur. Con los eventos ya planeados en Lima y Chiclayo me fue clandestinamente a la selva peruana y dejé la Kombi en Puerto Maldonado para volver a la vida de mochilero.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen