Dienstag, 12. September 2017

Laptop Fiasco and Bucaramanga

Moving on to Ecuador my worst case scenario happened as my laptop broke down. I had to skip the planned NeuroTour stop Quito and travelled to Bogota where I unsuccessfully tried to get my laptop repaired. In Colombia a chain of lucky coincidences brought me to William Omar Contreras Lopez (Young Neurosurgeon of the year 2015). He invited me to Bucaramanga where I could present my NeuroTour at the Simposio Regional de Neurociencia that was held on the development of new technologies in Neuroscience. Thanks for the invitation, which made it possible to share my experiences with young motivated scientists (click here or here for video) and might be the start of future collaborations using the BYB equipment as Brain-Computer and/or Human-Machine Interfaces.

Siguiendo en la Panamericana hacia Ecuador lo peor de los casos imaginables pasó y se me rompió mi laptop. Tenía que saltar Quito como NeuroTour parada y viajé a Bogotá dónde infructuosamente intenté encontrar a alguien que puede repararlo. En Colombia una cadena de casualidades afortunadas me llevó a William Omar Contreras Lopez (Neurocirujano jóven del año 2015). Él me invitó a Bucaramanga a presentar mi NeuroTour en el Simposio Regional de Neurociencia. Gracias por la hospitalidad y la invitación que me permitió compartir mis experiencias con estudiantes motivados (haz click aquí o aquí) y podría ser el comienzo de cooperaciones del futuro usando los equipos de BYB de Interfaz Cerebro Máquina y/o de Interfaz Humano Máquina.
After nearly 15,000km travelling in South America and more than 20 NeuroTour activities I decided to slowly plan the route to Europe. I will return to Lima for two weeks and then visit Machu Picchu with my mom. After that I will try to ship 'Brunhilde' down the Amazon and across the Atlantic Ocean. I am happy for any advice or help. Luckily my BYB equipment is still working, so don't worry, this is not the end of the NeuroTour. Love and Kisses. ÉT





Después de casi 15,000km paseando por América Sur y más que 20 NeuroTour actividades decidí planear lentamente mi regreso a Europa. Vuelvo a Lima para dos semanas y después voy a viajar a Machu Picchu con mi mamá. Finalmente quiero embarcar mi kombi ´Brunhilde´y llevarla hasta Alemania en el Amazonas y Atlántico. Agradezco cada ayuda o consejos para este proyecto. Fortunadamente mi equipo todavía funciona, así no se preocupen, eso no es el fin the la NeuroTour.
Amor y besos. ÉT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen